Saturday 13 August 2011

Golden Crown Chinese Restaurant yum cha

There are a number of yum cha restaurants in Adelaide but lately we seemed to frequent Golden Crown because 1) it's close to our home and 2) we almost don't need to make a booking unless there's more than 3 of us.

We would not say it's the best yum cha place available but then its standard is acceptable, if you don't compare it to Maxim in Hong Kong...

So each to their own, when we go for yum cha, we have some dishes all 3 of us like.. and some things that a person prefers more than the others. I don't take chicken feet, while my beloved doesn't touch the prawn dumplings. My princess has her own favourites too like siu mai, bbq pork puff pastry, steamed rice noodle rolls and egg tarts. We also went for some unconventional yum cha dishes like the salt and pepper soft shell crab (seafood, my preference) and duck feet (to my beloved's delight).

Yum cha is always enjoyable, and I think the more (people) the merrier but it always gave me feeling that I had more than I should...  it's hard to keep track of the amount of food that goes into our mouths as the portions look small but it all adds up!

Salt and pepper soft shell crab


Siu mai, fried flat dumplings, stir-fried chinese turnip cake with XO sauce, chicken feet, steamed fish balls and steamed pork ribs


Deep fried yam with pork mince & prawn and BBQ pork puff pastry


Egg tarts, Portuguese tarts, steamed rice noodle rolls and congee with century egg and lean pork


Duck feet with sesame sauce served with cucumber



1 comment: